Monday, July 7, 2014

Divorce Common Sense: Don't Bad Mouth the Other Parent Around Your Kids

And don't let your new spouse or significant other do the same...


Yesterday I called to talk to the girls.

Aurora answered the phone and started talking.

All of a sudden the phone was snatched up and I could hear my ex's girlfriend on the line saying, "Hello" "Hello".  I thought we lost signal again-they live in a rinky dink town with little coverage.

This girl then perceeds to yell at me and tell me I need to stop lying to my kids, telling them I'm coming back, and so on.  Right in front of the girls.

First of all.  I'm coming back in August-beginning of September at the latest.  That's already settled.  Second of all...  You do NOT do that in front of kids.

My parents were divorced when I was young, after my father went to prison for sexual assaulting several neighborhood girls.

My father's sister always dragged me in the middle of the divorce, even when I was an adult, talking bad about my mom in front of me. It made me very angry.  It wasn't my fault that crap happened, why should I have to listen to it?  Why did they want me to hate my mom?  Why did they want to hurt me?

Well, these same people, who claim to love my children, are doing the same things to the girls that they did to me.  As they are good friends with my ex husband he is there with the girls all the time and people continue to talk bad about me in front of them. 

Ariana has stated on several occasions how angry people make her lying about me.  She's old enough to understand what happened between me and her dad and clearly remembers the abuse I went through.  The girls aren't stupid, they know the truth.

People need to grow up.  Plain and simple.  A divorce isn't anyone's business but the couple going through it, and if you want to be in the center of drama so be it, but leave the kids out of it. 

As for my ex husband's girlfriends.  I understand her issue.  She is jealous and suffers from multiple mental disorders (she's been hospitalized in psychiatric centers dozens of times), she is self conscious and knows that she will never be loved by my girls more than they love me.  She also knows that my ex husband will never love her as much as he loved me.  Which was wrong of him to tell her, because being as self conscious as she is, she'll never get over that.  She is going to make those girls' lives hell.  And ruin her own life in the process.  I pray God helps heal her from her mental illnesses and brings her to see the truth about the people she associates with before its too late.

I know it was just a little bit of a rant, but its not right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment